Monday, November 29, 2010

Simulations

So, this past week... what really happened in terms of me experiencing world politics? Ah, that simulation. So I guess the major difference between the two simulations we've done was that in the minor simulation, it was really obvious what each group was doing and their stance on the issue. Also, the issue that we were arguing was clear. In this simulation, it took us about 4 meetings to actually understand what we were doing. Also, in this project, I finally got to do sound and video editing, which was a flashback to senior year for me. Elle and I did a lot of the script and retrieving pictures while the other group members worked on contributing facts and finalizing The Gambia's stance on the issues we were supposed to focus on. During Thanksgiving break, my friend did the voice over and I edited the sound clip such that time was reduced, his pitch was lowered (so that he wouldn't sound like a chipmunk after the clip was sped up), and the words he tripped over were taken out. Although making the video and sound clips took a total of a day and half to make and edit, I found it to be more fun being an active leader in the group than just doing my assigned role like in the last simulation. I had less going on in other classes during this simulation, while during the minor simulation, I had a lab practical and midterms. After making this video, I think that I want to incorporate a video in my project next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment