Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Simulation Stressors

GAAAAAAAAAAH.

Okay, sorry. Professor Jackson, I respectfully understand your need to create work over your holidays in order to avoid your extended family. It is a rational thought process for an adult with few other ways to garner such an out. However, I feel the need to assert that firstly, you are perpetuating America's growing tendency to fall into the vices of over-working, over-stressing, and over-ambitiousness, and secondly, that a vast majority of us students had many other ways to get out of too-intense time with our families, such as needing to cook, or wanting to visit with friends, neighbors or teachers. I would also like to bemoan the fact that nobody I know at home owns a mac, and yet everybody in the world seems to here. It made it extraneously difficult to turn in my portion of our video in a fashion that was compatible to all software differences. I was rather nervous about getting it to play all-together. And what foreshadowing! We had to present it on my laptop because it wouldn't play on Erin's... Oh the stress that accompanies our lovely new technologies!

On a more positive note, I think I've found a proposition that suits China's interests as well as being generally welcomed by at least a majority of groups in our class. It was an idea I was toying with before class, but that listening to everyone's presentations reinforced. I'll talk it over with my group soon, and hopefully you will all hear (and support!) it on Friday, when we continue these shenanigans!

No comments:

Post a Comment