Monday, November 1, 2010

Reflective Post: Week 10

This week we talked a lot about national security so I suppose I should talk about that in this post as well. The nation faces threats from all sides and even from inside our golden gates of opportunity. Trust no one. Shoot first, ask questions later. Ok I talked about it.

Apparently everyone else in the class just talked about The Rally in their reflective posts so I suppose, in the resigned-sheep nature of this post, that I'll talk about that too. First of all, I did not go to The Rally nor did I have any desire to go. From what I've gleaned about The Rally it was an oversized comedy show that flaunted pseudo-political jabber as real activism. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about standing up for what you believe in and making a statement, but a bunch of kids laughing at a couple comedians and musicians make fools of themselves and their country on the national mall is not social activism. John Stewart and Steven Colbert are funny men, but that' about it. In case your forgot their shows are on Comedy Central, not CNN or FOX or any other organization even claiming to be legitimate news or political commentary.

But congratulations are in order to the two gentlemen mentioned above for pulling off the biggest farce to be called political action since Woodstock.

Dude, I just solved all America's problems...wait...nope...I lost it. Let's just do some acid and maybe I'll remember it again

No comments:

Post a Comment