Sunday, November 21, 2010

Reflective Post: Week 13


I didn't like the American Indian museum. Not for high minded moral reasons like the objectification of a people, I just thought it was boring. Sorry, I'm shallow like that. Ever since I was a little kid I had an almost overwhelming distain for most thing Native American related. I have no problem with the people, I just think that looking at mud huts and sinew-bound spears interspersed with an occasional cave painting isn't my idea of a good time. There are so very many captivating histories of so many fascinating cultures, I have no inclination whatsoever to study the Native Americans.






















Which one would you rather study? Honestly...

Unfortunately, we sent the majority of the week in early colonial so, I have to admit, I spent most of the week in silence. I knew classes like this would come, where I could not and would not want to participate, but I can't say I enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you; I didn't particularly care for the museum. It was too disorganized for me. I feel like they could have made the exhibits more cohesive. I personally prefer art museums or museums where there's a clear order of things. The chaos from the layout of the exhibits inhibited me from understanding the purpose of the exhibits. I feel like I've gotten more out of reading textbooks than walking through that museum.

    ReplyDelete