Friday, October 15, 2010

Simulation Stress and Risky Anticipation

I have to say, PTJ, that I notice some extreme differences in requiring the other class to represent Ford, a down-home-American manufacturer, and requiring us to try to demand respect as General Motors, a name that has suffered enormous amounts of (rather deserved) slander thanks to the recent bailouts and government intervention. Although my instinct was to try to use advertising techniques to propagate our points, there's not much I could do with a company whose commercials currently reek of paying penance. Instead of being able to immediately get to our points as a company with a recognizable voice, we had to establish our ethos separate from this scandal, and attempt to lead the masses from there.

That said, I think my group (special shout out to Scott and Alyssa here for research) did a great job pushing aside all the commercial garbage to find some useful data. I think we did really well, and I'm relieved to be done.  On a slightly different note, I can't wait for Risk!

No comments:

Post a Comment