Sunday, October 3, 2010

Reflective Post: Week 6

Has it been a month and a half already? Part of me feels like I've been here a week and yet another part feels like I've been here for a lifetime.

This reflective post is not going to be my best work, I wasn't in class on Friday and I didn't do the blog this week (I think this was my first skip but I should probably double check that). The most interesting thing I did all week was caption a picture of Yoda plunging his comically short lightsaber through the chest of a clone trooper failing to "execute order 66" which I will include below.



But that is totally unrelated to world politics which is a theme I find repeating itself in this blog. But something I did do this week (actually tonight) that is very related to world politics is read a fascinating paper on social vs. natural sciences, ideal-types vs. value-commitments, critical humanism, Max Weber and how it all relates to Battlestar Galactica. It explored the way social sciences are unfairly forced into boxes by the standards of the natural sciences and the definition of humanity and how that was stretched in Battlestar Galactica among many other things. In short, an engrossing paper which I hope will grace the general public with a speedy and far reaching publication.

Gentlemen, I give you IR theory

No comments:

Post a Comment