Monday, October 4, 2010

Here's A Shocker-

This blog, much like every other one I've ever posted as a reflection, is essentially going to be a rant about why my eyes are sliding shut and how good I've gotten at typing while nodding off. Actually, wait, I changed my mind. I'd really rather not dwell on my crappy weekend, but I will say that it was the weekend from Hell. I skipped all possibilities of sleeping last night (a bad move after spending a restless Saturday night on a couch) in order to write an 8 page history of my family, and will probably find myself in similar circumstances this evening as I attempt to reconcile the differences between what I have done and what needs doing. Amidst all this stressful and anxiety causing sleeplessness my caffeine addiction is at an all time low. I cannot even recall how many cups of coffee I've had in the past 12 hours, and if I learned anything from Alcohol Edu, it was probably (read: not really at all anything, but...) that when you lose count of your drinks, you're in trouble. The shaking at 5 am probably also should've been a good hint. Throw into this mix that between the couch-sleeping and the bus-riding my usually agitated back is trying to tear itself gruesomely away from the rest of my body and you get one happy, go-lucky and obviously optimistic Fiona. After all, don't all the best weeks in the history of ever start out like this?! Perhaps there's a glimmer of hope here somewhere. :D

Yeah, in fact I think I see one now!

In other news, I'm trying to not sleep now so that I can normalize my sleep schedule (don't even bother suggesting a nap- I don't nap, I coma.) and will probably bring some work on a trip with me soon to search for a Halloween costume. Out of curiosity, has anybody picked one yet? I usually make my costumes and am really disappointed I can't, especially this year. I feel as though the average "slutty", "stank-ass" costumes wouldn't go over so well trick or treating at the Embassies... So what are you being?

Aislinn's practicing to be a Wicked Step-Baby

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that your weekend was so not-good! You know, you can relate your feeling of the never-ending stress to world politics? Its really easy to get wrapped in a lot of activities and have everything pile up, but you need to look at the big picture: HALLOWEEN IS IN 27 DAYS!!! and Fall Break is in less than 2 weeks! See? there is a light at the end of the never-ending tunnel! Similarly, most wars and international conflicts end or find a break to fall into a coma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get a lot of sleep tonight! or at least at some point this week.
    Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to be for halloween yet either. I usually go in a group with my friends, and they decide what we're all being so I don't have to think about it. Now that I actually have to decide and not follow a group theme, I'm stuck. I need to be something not expensive. And something that doesn't require too much thought, but clearly isnt last-minute. I have no idea.

    p.s - really cute picture, btw

    ReplyDelete