Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Final Reflection

I am so ill. Much like PTJ teaching class while under the influence of sudafed, I am writing this under significant influence of germs, drugs, sniffles and nyquil. Unsurprisingly, I am not alone. The whole of Letts 6 South seems to have caught this contagen (which was this time not propagated by my roommates boyfriend) and it is both rather unhelpful concerning finals and also rather putting a damper on the holiday mood here.
even our carols aren't quite right...
For instance, the gift swap we organized is supposed to happen on Wednesday, but most people have been too sick to go get anything as a gift. Even I, one of the three original organizers, had to lecture myself for a while on the importance of timeliness before I could pry myself out of bed to go get a present. Although we were originally expecting a wide array of gifts to show up- from the comical to the useless to the cute to the useful- I have to wonder if this mild epidemic won't skew people's priorities.


Of course, it will be fun regardless. Now we all just have to get there.

1 comment:

  1. Illness does seem to permeate the floor! Sitting in this room, the fact that all of us (except Lorna, the outcast) are sick almost seems to create a sense of community. Misery loves company.

    I also think this extends to human interaction as a whole. Those who are unhappy like to gather and be sad together. I think this is an odd aspect of human nature. If you think logically about it, wouldn't it be better to find happy people, so they can cheer you up rather than letting you stew in your angst? Humans are such funny creatures.

    ReplyDelete